.24
dmmannin
In this past week, I decided not to live in the dorms and rather to room with two girls from work in an apartment a half hour away from both home and ASU. We found a really nice place (cheap rent, nice pools, two floors) and have decided to move in come July 21st.

After submitting our applications on Friday, I came home and crashed for a few hours. I felt very drained after all of these decisions.

I feel now that being prepared, planning ahead, is just one method of becoming accustomed to the chaos of reality; no matter how prepared you think you are, life happens. The universe rules without rules. I felt very helpless and excited for all of the sudden change, and I have the feeling as though this decision could be one of the best I've ever made or will ever make. Even if I dislike my roommates at the end of fourteen months, even if I am broke for the majority of the time, even if I have to work two jobs, this will be an experience that I will never regret.
1 Response
  1. Wow, your blog has gotten WAY better! I feel like the shumck who just walked in on a great house.

    That's great you found a solution to your housing woes ( I still haven't)
    And I'm very excited for you and the next part of your life. In college some things in life will feel the same and you can get frustrated, and other times its sooo different and it scares the shit outta you.

    But what gives strength is the knowledge that in all of this chaos, you're the one who is navigating, and that we are blessed to have others help us out if we land in shit.

    Till Then!